The next edition of the Danish Maritime Fair takes place from May 13-14, 2020. The Fair is organized by Bella Center Copenhagen – Denmarks largest fair-organizer and owner of Scandinavia’s largest exhibition center. The first bookings for DMF 2020 have already been made, and both Danish and foreign exhibitors are on the list.
Søren Lindquist, Exhibition Manager at BC Hospitality Group, has the primary responsibility for the Danish Maritime Fair 2020:
– The stand sales are off to a good start. We held a kick-off meeting here at Bella Center Copenhagen at the end of March, and we have witnessed a great interest in the event, from both Danish and foreign companies, says Søren Lindquist
Swedish shipyard Oresund DryDocks were the very first to book a stand. The shipyard placed the order in connection with the kick-off meeting in March. With its location in Landskrona, Oresund DryDocks is very well-positioned in relation to the Danish market.
Maersk Training are amongst the Danish companies who have already booked a stand at the Fair. Maersk Training offers courses and training for a wide spectrum of the maritime segment.
Book a stand now
Jacob Ekstrøm, Sales & Relation Manager, BC Hospitality Group, who is in charge of day-to-day communication with the exhibitors says:
– Some of the companies I have spoken with have been a little surprised to receive a call this early. ‘The event is more than a year away’ – they say. Yes, it’s true. Now is the perfect time to place your order, so you can get exactly the location you want. Just make a reservation – you don’t need to buy or pay here and now. We really want exhibitors to book well in advance, so that we can start putting the big puzzle together – and have a great fair in 2020.
The fifth edition of DMF
This will be the fifth edition of the Danish Maritime Fair. The event was established in 2014 and was held in October the same year. The event was pushed forward that year, so that it could be part of the newly established Danish Maritime Days – a public supported private initiative, with the purpose of marketing Denmark as a maritime nation with strong competences.
The first Fair was held in Bella Center Copenhagen and was a great success. The Fair was then – just like the Danish Maritime Days – held the following two years. In 2018 the Fair was held in May, and now has two years in between the events.
From 2020, the Fair will again be held in Bella Center Copenhagen, where the Fair takes over the entire Hall H. Here, the Danish Maritime Fair will have its own distinctive entrance with a large foyer. Access opportunities to the Fair is outstanding – just outside the hall there is a large number of parking spaces, a metro station and a stop for several bus lines. The motorway access is a few blocks away, and the Copenhagen Airport is only a few minutes by taxi or train.
Hal H takes is very spacious. Is there a risk that it is too big for the Danish Maritime Fair?
– No, definitely not. We are excited about the fact that Hall H is so big, because it gives us the opportunity to build a fair that fits the requirements. We are able to stretch the exhibition in both ends like a harmonica, so that visitors always will experience a fair that has an intimate atmosphere ,says Søren Lindquist.
In order to make it even easier and more attractive to visit the Fair, free access for those already registered has been implemented.
The Danish Maritime Fair has entered into a multi-year agreement with Bella Center Copenhagen, which will enable the maritime trade fair to continue to benefit from the great expertise in hosting major events and fairs that BC Hospitality Group has, and the excellent framework that Scandinavia’s largest exhibition and conference center offers.
– We have 40 years of experience in hosting fairs and events, so we know the market really well, says Exhibition Manager Søren Lindquist.
– We are a full-service provider, that means that we have the framework, as well as what is needed to fill the frames, and we have our own hotel and metro just outside the door – therefore we are well prepared to take in exhibitors and guests from all over the world.
Conference and workshop track
In addition to the Fair, DMF will also have a concurrent conference and workshop track. Preparations for this have already begun, although it is still too early to announce topics and speakers.
– What we can say with certainty is that there will be a number of conferences and workshops during the two days. Everything will take place within the framework of Bella Center Copenhagen, says Martin Uhlenfeldt from Maritime Denmark, who is responsible for organizing the events.
– We will no longer host all day events. It is important that the Fair and the concurrent meeting activities are part of an interaction, where participants have enough time to visit the fair, and vice versa, that the exhibition participants have the opportunity to poke to attend the meetings, without having to spend entire days on it.
If you wish to reserve a stand at the Danish Maritime Fair 2020 please contact:
Sales & Relation Manager
BC Hospitality Group
M +45 81884844
For more information about the DMF 2020, feel free to contact:
Danish Maritime Fair
M +45 7020 4155